I’m a bit late here but a recent Daily Post suggestion was: Describe the best road trip you’ve ever taken.
I’m not sure I could choose a ‘best’. As I mentioned in my About page, I rode over 6000 miles last year. Sometimes a few miles to a restaurant for lunch, sometimes a few hundred miles for an overnight trip. Rides alone, rides with one or two other bikes, rides with a dozen other bikes. I’d be hard pressed to choose a favorite. I don’t consider myself a ‘biker’ but I think I share some of the same feelings from the experience as those who do. For me the bottom line reasons for enjoying the rides in no particular order:
- getting away from the house and every day routine
- spending time with D
- a chance for some interesting photos
- the feeling of freedom, very difficult to describe
- time to enjoy my music and appreciate the scenery
- depending on the ride a chance to be with friends, try a new restaurant, visit a new city