Whitby ON to Clearfield PA
This was a pretty miserable day, at least as far as the weather was concerned. Temperature around 50°, windy, and lots of rain. I did learn a few things though:
- My pants are warm and definitely waterproof.
- Ditto for the boots.
- My jacket is warm, and while the liner is waterproof the outer layer is not which resulted in a bit of rain between my ipod and its case.
- Even with the moisture my ipod never stopped working.
- The same can’t be said for my camera though; fortunately that was only a temporary problem.
- A ziploc bag does work to protect a GPS.
- Packing an extra pair of gloves is a very good idea, even if the forecast only predicts a minimal chance of rain.
- HotHands are apparently considered out of season this time of year at Walmart in Canada.
- For whatever reason people seemed compelled to approach us and comment on the obvious bad weather.
Duck couple enjoying rain puddle conveniently located near ‘Duck Crossing’ sign:
Jackets and pants ‘resting’, gloves drying: